News

Hot and Heavy on the SW:ToR

This game is looking pretty sexy. The era in the timeline is crazy during the Sith war, mandalorians establishing their place as Jedi killers, jedi and sith at the height of their powers. Boba becomes the leader of the Mandolorians at this time. Though they haven't exactly said that in the SW:ToR info, I have read way too many of the books based on Edrick's initial recommendation of one or two of them.

I'm working my ass off to get GL in the beta so I can see what's what. If anyone else gets in let me know!

-Stephen

Last edited by Stephen F. Johnston on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

They said they will release a book close to game release as well.

I am probably going to order the few books here soon close to that era. They are not available on my kindle, so have to get used paperback.

The time line of the game seems pretty fun, the few short novelettes I read in that time line, or close to it, have been good.

Here is a site that list out all the books in a time line format:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_books

Hope everyone gets in the early testing.
I'm definitely going to want to read about this era, but I think they've picked an era that is light on material intentionally. They want there to just be a sketch.

I think I was wrong about Boba... he kills the Mandolor in his era. Anyway.. apparently this sort of thing happens alot to the Mandalorians...

What book did he kill the Mandolor in?

I recently read the sereis The Bounty Hunter Wars. Thought it was very enjoyable, get to learn a lot about Boba Fett. The story takes place around the time of "Return of the Jedi".

The Legacy of the Force series (which is a 10 book series) also has some great insight into Boba Fett throughout the storyline, especially the last few books. Without giving too much away, Fett ends up as a teacher and one of Han and Leai's kids as his pupil.
Edrick wrote:
The Legacy of the Force series (which is a 10 book series) also has some great insight into Boba Fett throughout the storyline, especially the last few books. Without giving too much away, Fett ends up as a teacher and one of Han and Leai's kids as his pupil.

In the Legacy of the Force you learn about Boba being the Mandalor (somewhat reluctantly) and you later learn his role in knocking off the previous Mandalor.

-Stephen

TiquorSJ wrote:

In the Legacy of the Force you learn about Boba being the Mandalor (somewhat reluctantly) and you later learn his role in knocking off the previous Mandalor.

-Stephen

Yeah I thought you meant there was an old book/story just about that.

The whole story arc in Legacy about Fett was awesome.

How did you like Legacy of the Force? I got into the Star Wars books with the beginning of NJO series. Kinda surprised how many people have died just since the begining of that Series and including Legacy.
I like Legacy of the Force. It was pretty fast paced, a little predicatble in the end, but it kept me entertained. The Star Wars books are just fun reads and that series was good. The tie-in with Boba and him training Jaina (i think that's her name) is a fantastic part of it.

The book where you learn how Boba survived the Sarlac was fun too.

I just finished the Dark Nest series which is between NJO and LotF. I've also read the Thrawn series and a bunch of the others. I've probably read 40 of them by now. Some better than others, but always good for an entertaining weeks read.

-Stephen

TiquorSJ wrote:

The book where you learn how Boba survived the Sarlac was fun too.

Yeah that was the Bounty Hunter Wars series (3 books).

TiquorSJ wrote:

I just finished the Dark Nest series which is between NJO and LotF. I've also read the Thrawn series and a bunch of the others. I've probably read 40 of them by now. Some better than others, but always good for an entertaining weeks read.

-Stephen

Yeah I've read almost all the books released in the timeline after "A New Hope" and a few before that point.

One of my all time favorite books so far has been Outbound Flight. If I remember correctly they actually had released that other book about finding Outbound Flight 45yrs after its disapperance and then released the actual story of Outbound Flight later on.
Edrick wrote:

One of my all time favorite books so far has been Outbound Flight. If I remember correctly they actually had released that other book about finding Outbound Flight 45yrs after its disapperance and then released the actual story of Outbound Flight later on.

Just looked on my bookshelf, the name of the other book is Survivor's Quest.
Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em