News

Character Profiler!

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Kwahirn wrote:
A couple things...

The main backpack does not seem to come up with the bags...

And it seems my bank has so much shit, it's not all loading either, at least for the main space.

Perhaps functionality in the future to include enchants and sockets onto equipped and bag gear? Perhaps multiple gear sets?

However it's quite nice so far, works nicely.

Multiple gear sets, and enchants are version 2. The enchants would be nice to be completely accurate, but the gear alone gets you real close to an idea of the character. Sockets will be coming also, the data is being gathered just not displayed.

I'm having some problems. I'll be detailed.

1.) I had the old version of the mod, so I downloaded the new version and extracted it to the Addons directory.
2.) Went into the game, opened my bank, logged out.
3.) Tried first to upload the .lua file from the mod's directory in Addons (I know now this is wrong). Got the error that it's in the wrong format.
4.) Deleted the mod directory and extracted a fresh copy.
5.) Entered the game, opened my bank, and looked for the file in the WTF/Account etc. path and it wasn't there.
6.) Entered the game, clicked my portrait and created my profile. Opened my bank and all that again.
7.) The file is not being created in:

WTF/Account/YUBER1077/Nathrezim/Skilladin/SavedVariables/

Is it possible that it's going somewhere else?

I'm running Vista, but that probably doesn't mean anything. If you need, I can put together a screenshot of the mods I'm using in case any of those might be creating a conflict.

Yuber, if you are still in the game while looking for the file then it won't be there. WoW doesn't write out to the file until you either exit the game or type "/console reloadui". Once you have it created once this is still true. So, until you exit or reload ui it wont update an existing file with the newest data either.

Hopefully that solves the problem.

-Stephen

I forgot to mention that part. I actually did both. I reloaded the UI right after I created my profile, and the file never appeared even though I entered and exited the game several times. :/

I'll keep trying and let you know what happens.

Well... I have no idea why your's would f up.... are you positive you are looking in WOW/WTF/Account/AccountName/Server/Character/SavedVariables/GuildLaunchProfiler.lua?

do a search for GuildLaunchProfiler.lua maybe?

Finally got around to trying the auto profiler, and I have to say, it's pretty freaking sweet.

If you're looking for suggestions, I think it would be cool if the crafting page could be sorted out by trade (ie. cooking stuff all togehter in a section, tailoring stuff all together in another section).

Also, maybe on the member's 'main' page, instead of having recently added items, they could have a "featured" item list. Ie. so that they could show if they have a rarer craftable item.

Furi wrote:
Finally got around to trying the auto profiler, and I have to say, it's pretty freaking sweet.

If you're looking for suggestions, I think it would be cool if the crafting page could be sorted out by trade (ie. cooking stuff all togehter in a section, tailoring stuff all together in another section).

Also, maybe on the member's 'main' page, instead of having recently added items, they could have a "featured" item list. Ie. so that they could show if they have a rarer craftable item.

Those are good ideas, and we'll probably do the sorting. But what we are releasing today is the ability to search your guild. So you go to a search page in the site and type 'Engineering' then click the checkbox for your guild name and you will get anyone with enginnering in your guild and the items they can craft. Looking for a specific item? Type 'Item Name' and check your guild name. It's pretty cool.

The featured item would definitely be good. We'll take a look at that.

So, where's the search page? :P

Aberene wrote:
So, where's the search page? :P

still working a few kinks out, it'll be out today though... fingers crossed

Has something changed?
I d/l the mod and did everything in game. Now I just can't find where to upload my .lua file.

I went to My User Page, under characters I selected Evinn. I see a place to change my level/race/class and avatar settings, but no Profile upload.

Am I looking in the wrong spot?
Go to the top level "Characters" tab in your profile. At the bottom there is the upload. We're going to be adding a link on the character page soon, more than a few people have been confused by there being no mention of the uploader on the page for the character.

GLStephen wrote:
Go to the top level "Characters" tab in your profile. At the bottom there is the upload. We're going to be adding a link on the character page soon, more than a few people have been confused by there being no mention of the uploader on the page for the character.

Son of a gun, the one place that I didn't look.
Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em