I'm having some trouble deciding on the specific talents, but I have a basic framework here. It's pretty decent all-around. I would love to have my
Empowered AM back (an additional 45% of bonus damage effects is A LOT), but I'm going to give this a shot.

Highlights:
- Revolves around people being frozen
- Full 225% crits with frost spells; bitches be hurtin' with PoM-Frostbolt and Ice Lance
- With Clearcast procs, ~100% chance to crit while frozen
- A 21 pt Frost build without Ice Block? Zomg, what?!

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent-bc=RcxVf0bzxIziZZVVG0o0x

Some tweaking ahead, I'm sure. Level 70 will change some ideas about how to PvP, I'm sure.
Just my brief impressions from that build:

Ice Block is probably the best talent mages have. Drop 1 from shatter to afford it. It will save your life more than 10% crit on a frozen target ever will.

It's unclear yet weather Spell Power will stack with Ice Shards or not. If it doesn't stack, drop Spell power for either Prismatic Cloak or Arcane Meditation (I'd suggest the later).

What's going to be your primary damage dealing tree? You seem confused on this. (I.E. Improved Arcane Missles vs Improved Frostbolt)

Keep in mind we are getting a decent nuke in the Arcane tree via Arcane Blast. We don't really have a lot of info as of yet on how good or bad it will be but hopefully it will allow for real arcane mages.
This is the build I'm currently looking at:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=kZEgGzfccReRtbhM

54/7 Fire Frost

Sounds crazy but its really just an extension of my current scorch pvp build. All I did was drop frostbite so I could pick up all the Fireball talents (Imp Fireball, Empowerd Fireball, Fire Power).

With smart play this build can tear people up in PvP (with scorch and instants) and still has the high end damage output needed for PvE.
Yeah, I think I was high on crack when I suggested a 21 point frost build without Ice Block. I love that spell.

I went heavy frost the other day to try it out. I really like it so far, and it affords you a lot of CC and snares. I still haven't tried full fire, but I want to sometime soon. Maybe with the next PTR.
Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em