Quest, Instance and Class notes

The good and the bad so far (conribute!)

At level 67...

The bad:
I'm finding that our aoe sucks pretty hardcore now, ie. I know personally I can't seem to do a lot of the things I used to be able to do with aoe (that could just be me though). On top of that they have made a lot more mobs it seems than usual neutral, so we're not able to group them on a mount then hop off and aoe. When there was a quest that I needed to kill 30 of the same mob, that was kind of annoying. Things also seem to resist a lot, even if they are lower level than you -- even if you have your talents in elemental precision and arcane subtlety.

The water we can conjure still isn't very good. Better than nothing, but as water benefits everyone I don't see why they have to make it suck so much.

The good:
Our single target dps is amazing. When used properly ice lance is godly (I think I scared Urchak with it last night :shock:). Frostbite (and some other frost talents I'm too lazy to look up now) is a must if you want to use a lot of lancing... and you should want to use a lot of lancing. Leveling right now I'm just mowing mobs and allis down with it. Between Netherwind procs and ice lancing, some fights last literally 3 seconds as I have no casting times.

I don't notice much of a difference when I switch between armors (mage, molten, ice)... but my molten armor did manage to kill a low life mob that was chasing me to death, so I like it so far. :P
The good, seems mages are doing just fine leveling, hehe. The first level 70 in the xPac on our server was a mage. And baring any changes in Furi's playing time the first level 70 in the guild will be a mage.

I don't like how they nerfed your AoE damage at all, it really hurts groups in certain fights. I really think they made this change not because you guys were overpowered, but some people were abusing that ability to level and make money. It sucks for the class, but there is always something that is changing that you either like or dislike.

Luckly it really doesn't matter in the long run, because any good group can overcome the nerf bat. And it really looks like the mages have adapted already.
furi, check out the mana tombs. I donno if its just a world drop but the level 70 mage water book dropped in there.
Water book eh...? I have the food book, but no water or arcane brilliance book yet -- haven't seen those two.
Rolan wrote:
I really think they made this change not because you guys were overpowered, but some people were abusing that ability to level and make money.

Yep... fagmonkey comes to mind. :P
the water book is a random drop, i got mine in some instance, sweet imo =)

and as far as the nerf, o well, means we need a couple mages aoeing instead of 1-2, It isnt that noticable until you get into the Higher number of mobs. It's mostly people blowing smoke, I'm still aoeing 5-6 mobs down at a time w/ realitive ease. though mobs have alot more HP now, so i burn all my mana in doing so.

So in conclusion, these changes, as always, are being blown out of proportion by mages. Damn, you mean i Can't AOe 25 mobs down at once?
Counterspell off the GCD ftw!!!!!!!!

Also like the mana shield change.
Yuber wrote:
Counterspell off the GCD ftw!!!!!!!!

Also like the mana shield change.

Ya, that's def a positive change for the non frost mages as having a way to defend against casters
If I find another water book I'll sneak it to ya furi :wink:

p.s. I got the oh some awsomely joyus privlage and ability of going immune to spells for five seconds and litterally beating the unholy fuck out of some gnome mages yesterday. soooooo much fun!
Oren can you do that to Doorknob, and Tripod, please?
Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em