Put together this bad boy today. Nasty Holy PvP build, just fucking nasty:

Holy PvP

The 2 points in Imp BoM are just kinda whatever. I stared at it for about 10 minutes trying to figure out where it would benefit me most, because I'd have BoW up most of the time, but maybe sometimes I wouldn't, etc, etc. Maybe Parry or Vindication to give a little boost vs. melee? I'm only level 37 right now, so I have plenty of time to decide. :P

Working on the PvE one. Not quite sure where else I want to spend the last 10 points.

Last edited by Yuber on Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yeah, so the 2 in Imp BoM was just dumb. Not sure what I was thinking. It's probably best spent in Vindication, so I edited my build.
i like holy spec for pally, if not, full retribution is nice.
I'm looking seriously at a Holy/Protect build (porcupine/Healer) and was wondering if anyone had the math behind Avenging Shield and how +dmg effects it. I know it takes somekind of percentage from it but I don't know how much. I have seen screens of 2K to ~3K primary hits on it and was wondering how much you have to pad the +dmg to get there.

Anyhow, much appreciated.

Oh, I like the build Yuber. Everyone as been saying that the Holy/Rets are doing some serious DMG and healing!
I saw a 40/11/ Holy/Prot PvP vid the other day. It wasn't the most exciting vid around. Sword and board, so no big damage crits or anything like that, just basically highlighting the survivability and healing power. It was very impressive though. Granted, she was full T2 and had the shield from Naxx. Death's Gambit? Death's Embrace? Whatever the one is that's black with a bunch of green looking skull shit in the middle. 1H mace, not sure wtf it was.

Anyhoo, it was cool to see that type of vid. She really knew what she was doing. Of course, she also had that meteor trinket from AQ. You have to put it in perspective I guess.

Long story short, yeah, it's probably gonna be a nice build. She was using SoR and BoK primarily. The one funny exchange was the resto shammy that she just couldn't put away. Finally got a couple lucky shots and used the trinket and ToEP to put her over the top.

I also have to say that at level 45, my Ret spec is really starting to shine. There was a moment around levels 37-40 or so where I wanted to rip my hair out because it was taking forever to kill things 2 levels above me. Miss, Dodge, 113 white, Parry, Parry, 112 white w/ Dodged SoC proc, Miss... Very frustrating. Right now I'm kicking some serious ass. I crit quite a lot and can pump out some really nice damage, especially if I'm judging Crusader with Sanctity Aura. It's not a must, but it pushes you over the top.

I can't wait for Crusader Strike.

Man, they need to get a move on with Zosso!! Last time I checked she was in the very low 40s...

I watched a level 65 protect Paladin in Nagrand the other day. He was pulling an entire group of Etherials (looked to be between 4 and 5 of them) and was pounding their ass without much effort. It was amazing to watch him go at them like it was just another pull. If I tried that on Sosso, even protect and 4 levels higher it would mean my ass.

...sheesh!
Apparently Prot pallies can AoE grind. I haven't read too much about it, but I see threads in the pally forum all the time. Crazy, huh?

Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em