News

SiN Formed on **Chaos Waste** - Destruction

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ok. Regardless of what else we do as far as rolling an Order guild, we now have a SiN formed on Chaos Waste on the Destruction side. There were alot of people playing there, so we rolled over there and got this thing done.

We chose "SiN" so we would have a short guild tag.

So, come on down and get in the Guild!

Current "Guild Officers" with invite:

Grishka (Teppic)
Jizzpop
Niknak (Teppic)
Phlem (Emirikel)
Puckdatchit
Snotnose
Tinytim
Tozzer (Tiquor)

Zedd and Faernu are in that group up there too... but I don't know WoW names -> Real Names -> War Names yet

I think we should all roll Chaos on the Fragmentation server.

Lawl, communication isn't our strong suit. You'd think SiN-WoW didn't realize these forums have existed for the past five years.

Unfortunately we chose probably the server with the best name in the game (Badlands)! 20 minute waits were the norm it seems.

We re-reolled on Chaos Wastes because Emi and a few others already had toons created there (because they couldn't get into Badlands) and it has a much lower population.

At least we now have the guild formed and we can start playing as such again.

psychoticneurotic.com
About 20 minute wait time to get in during prime hours. So we just decided to move since we were only about level 7 or so on the Badlands server.

My name is Jizzpop(Squig Herder) on that server.

70 Warlock / 70 Rogue
Why did we decide to play on an Open RvR/RP Server? I thought we decided as a group that we wanted to avoid a PvP server specifically so we could play at a more relaxed pace...

If you guys really want to play on an Open RvR RP server and that's the style that interests you, then there's not much more to be said. What I think makes more sense is to transition to the server that the Badlands information has been copied to (Mordheim) so that Ant's work getting his characters leveled and getting the guild together isn't totally wasted. This is what we had discussed and I thought there was at least some consensus on it.

If we want a SiN tag to call our own, then why not create that on Vortex, where we already know some people and can ally with them? It just seems kind of out of the blue to go in this other direction.

Again, I don't want to make commandments and it's your game time to do with what you want, but this just really seems like a major deviation from what we've all been discussing for a long time now and it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

So much for alliances......Yuber is right. We could of made an actual physical alliance.........And i am not talk about just a aimple chat channel....... /sigh

We are pushing 40 members now......
OK.

Stop the Whining

We will be rolling an Order guild on a Core server. however, we had 7 people playing on this RP server and 2 on the Badlands server last night so we went and rolled a guild there. Calm the fuck down. From my perspective the primary goal here is to get everyone signed up and thinking and talking as a group. The easiest way to do that is to have a guild we can actually join and to have a /g channel.

I am still dedicated to playing Order on a Core server. The play experience will be far better on a Core server.

However, we have alot of people who want to play destruction and we had people ready and willing on a Destruction server, so we now have an outlet for both:

Order
Destruction

From there it's all pretty irrelevant at this point. So, I want SiN, the people I've been playing with for the last few years, the people I enjoy gaming with etc. to at least be in a predictable spot. So, for now if you are playing SiN Destruction - Chaos Wastes is your home or Join Kasto's group (Forsaken) on Vortex.

The fact is, SiN is a bit scattered right now. So we have people from WoW coming in who aren't using this site, who aren't aware of how were trying to guide some things. We have people who sort of play WoW who are old time members who have new members with their own agendas. We're not as focused as we like to think. So, we *will* get pulled in a few different directions for a while. 2 Weeks from now the dust will settle and no one will give a shit. So, ***deep breaths***.

Lets talk about what to do with the Order side next. I think that the queue times are what has been holding back Badlands so, let's get the fuck off there. My recommendation is, let's move to the sister server for Badlands:

Mordheim

The we'll form the SiN there.

I'll make another announcement about this later today after I speak to Anthony.

-Stephen

..::|Tzak|::.. wrote:
So much for alliances......Yuber is right. We could of made an actual physical alliance.........And i am not talk about just a aimple chat channel....... /sigh

You quit your whining too. ;) 6 or 8 people on the forums decided this Alliance thing was peachy and while we're the guild founders mostly that's not the point... then 20 people from WoW said "hey I want to play with you guys". Do you see the challenges in coordination? Frankly, I'm willing to invest Launch +4 days figuring things out, if this is actually going to be a game that sticks around for a while.

The primary purpose of forming the Chaos Waste guild is that it has alot of the WoW members in it. Hopefully, the "hey, guys, we have a sister guild on Vortex" info will dissimenate there. It would be more of a cluster fuck to not give people a target.

How do the Alliances work in Warhamer? Do we get a common chat and things like that? I haven't looked into the alliance functionality that deeply yet. If so and it will help us operate as one group then let's roll a SiN on Vortex and setup an Alliance and intermix members.

-Stephen

I like tacos.
TiquorSJ wrote:
..::|Tzak|::.. wrote:

You quit your whining too. ;) 6 or 8 people on the forums decided this Alliance thing was peachy and while we're the guild founders mostly that's not the point... then 20 people from WoW said "hey I want to play with you guys". Do you see the challenges in coordination? Frankly, I'm willing to invest Launch +4 days figuring things out, if this is actually going to be a game that sticks around for a while.

The primary purpose of forming the Chaos Waste guild is that it has alot of the WoW members in it. Hopefully, the "hey, guys, we have a sister guild on Vortex" info will dissimenate there. It would be more of a cluster fuck to not give people a target.

How do the Alliances work in Warhamer? Do we get a common chat and things like that? I haven't looked into the alliance functionality that deeply yet. If so and it will help us operate as one group then let's roll a SiN on Vortex and setup an Alliance and intermix members.

-Stephen

Yes Tiq, here is what happens, you level your guild up to level 6. Which gives you the reward to start or join an alliance. Once you join it gives these benefits, Alli Chat, Calender sharing, The ability to call to arms when a guilds claimed keep is attacked.

There can be up to 10 guilds in an alliance. Thus forming a super guild but still have all the benefits of your own guild like heraldry and standards.

There is alot of depth to this game, people just have to log in, bang out the first 11 levels and stop doomsdaying everything like Oss after 15 minutes of play judging the end-game through his crystal ball of forseeing.

But it doesnt bother me.....Our guild is up and running, almost lvl 6, 40 members. About to form an alliance with a few big guilds. We got our standards which gives us an edge when we pvp together. All that matters is you have fun. Peace
I"m pushing through it I'm pushing through it.

However right now I'm level 3 and stuck on a ship. They lag inside of it is so bad that I can't get out.
Sooo....what's the scoop? Where are the brunt of SIN players playing? i.e. mains.
Yeah.... that would be good to know. Im not even sure if we are going order for sure at this point, not to mention what server.

Id like to play with some guys today but where?
I just made a post on the front page. That's where I'm going. That's where Anthony is going. I'm sure Teppic will read the site and end up there. Basically, people need to quit having dripping vaginas and just go to the planned servers.

There is really only one question: Order or Destruction. Then we can start working together. We already answered that 3 weeks ago. One server for Order, one for Destruction. From there we can let progression of things decide whether SiN goes Destruction or Order in the long term. We're just shooting ourselves in the foot by saying "Oh this server has queue times I'm going to roll with 2 people here", because some other group of 2 goes somewhere elese. Counter productive. The "where to go" question was answered 3 weeks ago, the only thing that changed was the Order server due to Badlands queue times:

Vortex - Destruction
Mordheim Badlands - Order (we changed this one due to queue times)

Hopefully, the brunt of the players will read the homepage or this post and just go there and stop the grass is green on the other side game. Then the brunt of the players will end up there. Instead of poking their heads up like prairie dogs and looking around every 2 hours.

-Stephen

Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em