General Game Discussion

BETA Test RIFT.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
I have been in the beta for a while now and I'll say , My next paycheck and i'm ordering this game.

Good graphix , TONS of character creation options, so many character class options its not even funny.

Stable even with there stress test in beta.

Anyone else getting in on this ?

A tyrant with an eccentric or nonconformist personality who is the leader of a counterculture that makes life a nonspatial continuum in which events occur in apparent irreversible succession from the past through the present to the future
I got into the beta this past weekend - thanks Stephen for hooking us up with beta keys!

I didn't play as much as I'd hoped, but it looks good.

The only question is: do I dive into this game or wait for SWTOR?

psychoticneurotic.com
teppic wrote:
The only question is: do I dive into this game or wait for SWTOR?

Yes

A tyrant with an eccentric or nonconformist personality who is the leader of a counterculture that makes life a nonspatial continuum in which events occur in apparent irreversible succession from the past through the present to the future
I would get into RIFT, SWTOR is a ways off.

I pre-ordered the Collectors edition. Plan on playing for a while.

Who else is going?

I'm shooting for Guardians , PvE server.

OK - took the plunge and pre-ordered the digital collector's edition. See you in game.

psychoticneurotic.com
Post your server here , or I'll post mine here.

First one to post server wins ?

hehe.

3 days till the jump start. http://www.riftgame.com/en/

The server names from BETA will be erased and new one's will be forged for launch. Which for the pre-order will be Feb.24,2011.

Hey guys! I played the RIFT Beta too. I thought it was a cross between Warhammer (due to character selection) and a bit of Age of Conan (start area to figure your guy out...only a whole lot less time). Graphics were great and although I only got to lvl 9 on 5 characters or so (no time, wanted to try them out), I thought it was fun. I'm not sure about getting all 3 specs so early in the game as some combos don't have much variation of moves but I did find the concept very interesting.

Please do post server / et al as I think I might jump into it

Ross/Woograze
Threw the few betas I was in , I made about 5 characters to lvl 20 , and about 8 others to about lvl 16. And the higher the level you get , you get MUCH more talent points. Every couple levels you get 2 skill points for 1 lvl and stuff like that. You can do quests to get other tree's opened up that you can use.

Well you get 3 talent tree's to go down very early. And later on in levels you can end up with EVERY tree available .. but can only set 3 at a time. IE: Duel spec type option .. You have to buy them but for this you can have 4 specs to chose from. And can change between them while out of combat with a 8 second cast or so.

Example :: If your a Rogue, you can pull the standard Stealth and kill template , and have a hunter template , and a bard healer buffer support template , and a saboteur ranged aoe type character (one of my favorites) that plants bombs everywhere and can kill mobs with out entering combat. LOL.

Graphics are really nice , game seems to run super smooth. In the larger raid boss fights that some of the RIFTs open up and drop in , when there is 20-50 people fighting one mob , you can still move and play just fine. I found this impressive in any beta.

Installed and now Downloading the 8.5g update. Hope I can play today.

Still dont have a server list. I'm going PVE for sure , MAYBE even RPvE to get ride of so many kids on the server.

PS: Kind of like the gold color of the site :D

Ok - got it installed and patched - got to the server list and they're ALL full: estimated queue time 4 HOURS 45 minutes!

psychoticneurotic.com
Ok - got into PvE shard Laethys

Serendipity = Guardian rogue

psychoticneurotic.com
DOh , should have posted sooner , Me and a couple others I've played with joined Greybriar (PVE). No queue timer.

Characters for Guardians:
TimeFreak
Freakoftime
Shaharra
Faydra
HoldThisThanks

Character for Defiants:
Finalrain

Ok - so far not impressed: the game is great; the log-in queues suck.

Shortest wait time so far has been 39 minutes for me. If they don't sort it out soon I'm going to lose patience.

psychoticneurotic.com
Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em