General Game Discussion

Age of Conan Beta

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
So I got invited to their stress test this weekend and have just finished downloading all 13GB of the installer - patches still to come...

Anyway I was wondering if anyone else is taking part in the beta?
Ya, i am in beta too......I have full beta...
Let us know how it is.

70 Warlock / 70 Rogue
I been playing it since November, its a Very Demanding Game on a computer. It's Unique.I plan on playing it, just not full time. PVP is not fast enough pace for me, like Warhammers is. Will be a good game though. Mounts are very cool.
I'm in this weekends Beta. It should be fun.

I'll post here when I have a name.

And let's be honest, AoC is much more SiN's style of game:

Quote:
Yes, there is a complete system in place for allowing guilds to build entire cities, and there will be both PvP cites (or battle keeps as we'll call them) and cities found in areas where you can not PvP. Once a guild is rich and powerful enough, it will be able to purchase a piece of land and start building a settlement. The process will, of course, take anywhere from days to weeks and months, and all the members of the guild will have to work together to reach this goal. If you would like more information on PvP cities please check out the PvP and siege section of the FAQ.

http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ/City_Building_and_Defense

-Stephen

Character Teppic on the first TECHTEST server
Inficant, on techtest2, I'll try to get on techtest1 later

I just got booted and I'm scanning files and patching again... Happy

Techtest is only 3 hours long........
Game looks nice, what I saw of it. I'm getting continually booted now, but that's to be expected for this.

Ya, todays 3 hour test is for Stress..........
What Tiquor said - from what I saw it has potential.

Only got to play for 30 min or so before i got kicked out and tehn I was unable to get past teh character selection/creation screen - so a bit diasppointing.

The game feels very "dark" - it is certainly a gritty game and aimed at the more mature player - the blood splatter across the gui when you get a crit is a nice touch.

You start off in a training instance - it's not until you get to the first town that you enter teh world proper and are able to interact with PCs.

I think the game would be great for SiN - lots to offer for guilds (from what I've read of course - didn't get to interact with any PCs in todays short test).

Graphics are good and teh game runs quite smooth but you do need some kick-ass hardware to make the most of it. There was some major lag in today's test which together with the double-click to interact action made it a bit frustrating. The lag seemed to be only with loading the world (especially NPCs) into the client - chat, gui and character movement seemed to be fine. No doubt this will be fixed.

Katso - how does it compare with Warhammer?

Hopefully I'll get a general beta invite soon so I can really check the game out.
Are the major cities instanced? Will I be seeing a lot of load screens?

70 Warlock / 70 Rogue
I don't think the cities are intanced, but I don't know. Funcom basically invented instancing though for Anarchy Online and I'm sure they've learned some things from it.

I don't remember the first town being instanced - but there is the annoying detail that you have to double-click on the town gate and wait for it to open!

You do have to wait for reloads when you enter and exit buildings in the town.
Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em