General Game Discussion

Age of Conan Beta

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
I would expect the instancing to be tuned over time. They know people dislike it. However, instancing also keeps server costs down and makes it easier for them to scale the game more fluidly which is good for the players in their own way.

-Stephen

teppic wrote:
I don't remember the first town being instanced - but there is the annoying detail that you have to double-click on the town gate and wait for it to open!

You do have to wait for reloads when you enter and exit buildings in the town.

Ya those annoyances are everywhere....

The problem is when you hear the word instance you immediately think WOW!
teppic wrote:
I don't remember the first town being instanced - but there is the annoying detail that you have to double-click on the town gate and wait for it to open!

You do have to wait for reloads when you enter and exit buildings in the town.

Ya those annoyances are everywhere....

The problem is when you hear the word instance you immediately think WOW!
I was afraid of that in AOC. I hated that in other games. I like the open worlds.

70 Warlock / 70 Rogue
Hey any of you guys that did the weekend event get open beta? check on the register site, may be we can hook up on Thursday and play some
Kasto wrote:
Hey any of you guys that did the weekend event get open beta? check on the register site, may be we can hook up on Thursday and play some

How would I know exactly? My registration site does just say "Beta" and the client I installed installed to Open Beta, not "Tech Test"... so maybe...?

Problem is I ran out of space and uninstalled, so I can't just login and check. I'll try reinstalling later this week and see if I can login to the Beta servers.

TiquorSJ wrote:
Kasto wrote:

How would I know exactly? My registration site does just say "Beta" and the client I installed installed to Open Beta, not "Tech Test"... so maybe...?

Problem is I ran out of space and uninstalled, so I can't just login and check. I'll try reinstalling later this week and see if I can login to the Beta servers.

When you log into the registration site, on the left side it says Age of Conan Open Beta.........
Yeah, mine says that. Reinstalling... I wish they had made that more clear. I'd have been playing all along.

-Stephen

Open beta doesnt start until thursday,,,,,,,
Kasto wrote:
Open beta doesnt start until thursday,,,,,,,

Well, then their even more fucking idiots for not telling me. Because it's said that since I did the tech test. So, I assumed it was the private one since they didn't tell me anyway, and they put it on the account when I registered. Anyway, I really like the direction of this game, but they seem to have two left hands right now . I guess it's to be expected a bit at this stage of the process.

I wanna build a city... probably won't get that far in the Beta ;)

-Stephen

This game has pvp battlegrounds and 40 man pve raids..........and a class called the demonologist that has a Succubus pet that looks just like........
Just like 250 years of Fantasy lore?

I don't plan on seeing anything in the realm of inovative until World of Starcraft...or whatever.
I officially canceled my CE edition, this game has too many issues. You see more loading screens in this game than any console game. You die and get a loading screen in both pve and pvp. Maybe the game is better at lvl 80, with a lvl 45 conquerer it still doesnt impress me. Dont get me wrong, the game is beautiful, but i dont see it getting very far in the PC world, maybe it will maybe it won't. Sticking to Warhammer....
I think they've made official announcements that the "loading" screens should be reduced at launch. I think many of them will turn into much much shorter load times, especially the death one. Anyway, I was just coming in here to say the instancing isn't so bad, . There seems to be a fair amount of it, but they aren't loading silly little huts with one guy in them. You load into pretty active environments. Anyway, we'll see.

-Stephen

Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em